Police arrest two men on drug and robbery charges, one escapes, still at large
Poole said that Justin Jarmaine Judon, age 30, of Central Avenue, Ecru, has been charged with conspiracy to sale marijuana, robbery and escape in connection with the investigation.
Poole said officers from the U.S. Marshal’s office have joined in the hunt for Judon, who escaped November 9 from the police department shortly after being arrested and interviewed.
“We were letting him talk with his mother here in the front hall and he ran out the door,” Poole said.
“Judon’s on federal probation for passing counterfeit money, so the marshall’s service is also looking for him,” Poole said.
Poole said that Michael T. Owens, 29, of Evans Circle, Tupelo, has been charged with conspiracy to possess marijuana in connection with the incident.
Bond was set at $10,000 for Owens, who was turned over to Lee County authorities for a drug probation violation, Poole said.
Poole said the alleged incident began when Owens contacted Judon about buying $900 worth of marijuana.
“According to Owens, when they met here in Pontotoc to do the deal, Judon grabbed the money and took off,” Poole said.
“Owens chased him down and took his money back,” Poole said.
“But what’s crazy, we got involved because Judon called the police and alleged that Owens had robbed him of the money,” Poole said.
“Another witness corroborated that Judon lured Owens to Pontotoc with the intention of robbing him of the dope money,” Poole said.
Poole said that CrimeStoppers is offering a reward for information leading to Judon’s arrest.
“All I need to know is where to find him (Judon),” Poole said
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)